The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2004-09-06

A Higher Power

So,

I'm a BYU football fan. I enjoy going to games, cheering for the team watching the band (you sexy tuba-players, you), and the friendships that are made there. So imagine my shock and horror when I find out that Divine Comedy will be performing on, not one, but TWO of the nights that we are having home games! I'm an all-sport pass holder, so I now have paid for two tickets that I will NOT be able to use (not to mention, that I had to leave the Notre Dame game early because some jerk who will remain nameless *coughJosephGoldencough* scheduled me to work that night).

Of course, I complained to Peyton, the President of Divine Comedy. "Why are we competing with BYU Football?!?" I exclaimed. He then explained to me that we got screwed, screwed like a small, metal object into a wooden board. Apparently the people who do the scheduling for the buildings were told, by a "higher power" (that's what Peyton said) to not let Divine Comedy schedule until other BYUSA clubs were allowed to schedule (we are NOT in any way affiliated with BYUSA anymore -- long story). So, in the end, we had to take what we could get. So we now have to try and fill the seats in the JSB when everybody's butts are going to be in the stadium. *Sigh*

Who is this "higher power" that wants to keep DC down? Is it France Nielson with his flashy smile? Is it the SHA who is tired of our relentless mocking of the honor code (all in good humor, mind you)? Or could it be the man with the slicked-down hair himself, Cecil? I don't know. And why can't we all just get along?

P.S. The sun is in my eyes, so ignore spelling errors, please.

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Scott said...

come the revolution, things will be different

 

Post a Comment

<< Home