The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2004-10-09

Question of the Day

So,

Which alarm on CCURE is the most annoying? My vote is for 2080 (LAO) because there's nothing we can do about it. We can't disarm it like we can with 6750 without disarming the lock as well.

But what are they doing up in cataloging, anyway? Do they really need to visit the vending machines that much?

Let me know what you think because a) I would like to know what the general consensus is and b) No one ever posts comments on these posts.

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Scott said...

we're working on it. Sean and I recently sent a list of changes that need to happen to Ron in the electric shop, but he's dragging his feet (does he know any other way to work?). Along with the ability to disarm 2080 will be the ability to disarm those spawn of the prince of devils instruction room doors. That and a couple others... assuming it ever actually happens. Ron seems to doubt that such a thing is possible, despite the fact that he was the one to set up the split on our front door.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Mr. T said...

I agree with the 2080 alarm. Maybe we can have an extensive training meeting for everyone wht access to that door, teaching them how to open a door with a card and to get through it in a manner that would be less frustrating to us. Some people need help closing doors and others need help opening them...its just how things are.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Saurus--
that's pretty sick, chubs. The whole Joel thing is kind of disconcerting. Though I will admit he's quite the specimen... So funny, and cute...
I mean... no! augh! I like women!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home