The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2006-12-15

More from the Archives

HERE ARE A FEW OLD POSTS FROM SOME OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE...NOTICE ONLY ONE OF THE CURRENT OFFICERS ARE ON THIS LIST...DANG I HATE IT WHEN MY OTHER PERSONALITY (FRED) TAKES OVER. I NEVER REALLY KNOW WHAT HE WILL SAY NEXT.

ENJOY.

Ray Kearney is my hero

I don't know if you knew this, but Ray Kearney is actually Superman. If you watch him really closely you'll notice periods of sudden, unexplainable abscence (but never when he's supposed to be working)-- he mumbles something about "having to go" and takes off running.
One of the things that tipped me off is the muscles of steel. I mean, seriously. Try it sometime- get him to flex his bicep. It nearly broke my finger.
Oh, and there's that whole "able to leap tall buildings with a single bound" thing. Actually kind of disconcerting when all of a sudden he just starts flying...
I'm looking forward to meeting Lois Lane...

So. . .whaddya do?

I like people. I like talking to people. I like it when people come and talk to me at the desk. (Also, if I type the word "people" enough times, it starts to look weird to me.) But when friends (or acquaintances) (or people) come up and talk to you at the desk, but they stay too long, what do you do? It's awkward to say, "Hey, sorry, I can't talk to you anymore, I've got to. . .sit here. . .and watch people. . .uh. . .yeah. . ." There's no easy way out. It's just awkward.

I mean, some people just don't get it that we're not here for them to talk to. We have a job to do, people, even if it doesn't look like we're doing anything. So how do you get rid of them nicely? How do you get them to stop leaning on the desk, lingering, blocking the view of other, potentially dangerous people?

Blue Blizazers Get Chicks

Word, Former 786. Life at Library Security never gets more silky and smooth than one's Blue Blazer which, my friend, is friggin silky and filthy smooth. That's why I was so confused when I first donned my Blue Blazer at the beginning of the semester. Sure, it had retained its silky-muh-smoothness and, apart from a little cinnamony overflow from the bathroom, still exuded manly musk. Yet something was different, indeed, nigh unto awry. Halfway through my rove I finally realized what was going on. Turns out 718 and two patrons had buttoned themselves up inside my Blue Blazer along with me. Seriously, chicks dig the things.

HBLL Circulation

FYI - If you happen to see the fan blowing on me at the West Desk, um yeah, I'm just trying to hide a farty day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home