The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2007-01-26

Lights Out! Guerilla Radio!

This is just your friendly reminder to USE THE CONTROL ROOM RADIO WHEN YOU ARE IN CONTROL!!

Why? Well here are some reasons:

1. Because -- I said so.

2. It'll save your "personal" radio's batteries -- heaven knows I hate it when it starts doing that "low battery" beeping.

3. It will help you find love -- people love efficiency.

4. It will prevent feedback -- yes, that's the terrible squealing sound that comes when you use multiple radios close together. It bugs those on duty and it bugs dispatch.

5.It will save the ozone layer and prevent global warming -- it uses less chemical energy.

6. We need to have the control radio at full volume for the control room -- when you turn it down so you can use your radio you're not helping the person who comes after you and doesn't know you turned it down.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll stop there.

That and I don't think those that need to read this post actually will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home