New Years Lovin
So I decided that this New Years Eve was going to be different...I was going to be kissed! And I was convinced it was going to be by a dang cute boy and it was going to be good!
Since my regular NCMO pal was all the way in Tennessee for the holidays (wink, wink), I was going to have to find someone else. I knew in AZ, where the weather is hot...and well, let's be honest, the boys are too...it wouldn't be too hard to find, I told myself.
After a few stops, we crashed the dance party at Stonebridge Manor Mansion in Mesa. So many people!!! And, I'm not gonna lie, some pretty dang good looking guys. My chances were looking pretty good. It didn't take long before my friends and I were dancing and having a good time.
Before I knew it, I was counting down...10,9,8,7,6...and I'm thinking to myself, ooo,he's cute; I think I'd kiss him...wow, he is too, as I scan the hot guys in close proximity. One of them makes eye contact and smiles flirtatiously...5,4,3...2005 is gonna be a good year, I think to myself as he starts to walk towards me... 2, 1, Happy New Year!!! Suddenly, I'm being spun around by a large, hairy, unfamiliar arm and before I know it, another fella is going in for the kill. He was, well, quite the contrast from boy #1, and definitely far less attractive than any of our blue blazer boys here at Library Security! About 2 inches from my face, he smiles and says, "Hey there! You wanna give me a taste of that lip gloss?"
Needless to say, he didn't get any closer.
And so, this New Years, I learned what a silly, shallow girl I am. I think I'll stick to my old policy: don't kiss anyone I don't know and like...besides, a situation that seems promising could turn sour quickly!

8 Comments:
Wow. I got shafted myself. Midnight rolled around and I found myself wanting the unattainable. It wouldnt have bothered my but I had made that same decisions (to be kissed). Oh well, someday my friend, someday.
The Dish should have partied with the Stokes that night, and wouldn't have gone away empty handed.
ha. well i didn't get a midnightg kiss, but i got a 3:30 am kiss from an ex boyfriend. i think that gives me negative points. i would have rather had a kiss from a blue blazer man.
Gee, that's odd. I don't remember being at that party, let alone talking to you!
I had a sure-fire midnight kiss (by that I mean, if she was there it was GOING to happen). However, I didn't get back from a performance until 11:30 and she had a frustrating/tiring day and just wanted to stay at home with her family. So I just ate some steak, shot my dad's shotgun off in the backyard at the stroke of midnight (which was almost as exhilirating as a New Year's kiss) and called it a night. *sigh*
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Note to Self: Shave all unsightly body hair before attempting to plant one on "The Dish".
Wow, [the former] 786. That sounds like a most manly New Year's Eve celebration to me. But a word of warning, I think most girls (including me) would feel a little less inclined to kiss a guy brandishing a shotgun. With A-1 breath.
And you, Dish, are just lucky you didn't get smooched by our very own Rooster Cogburn, surnamed "Chester the Molester/Uncle Rico."
Post a Comment
<< Home