The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-10-03

Ninja power

A couple of weeks ago, I pushed the elevator button to go up to the 4th floor. Imagine my surprise when the doors opened to reveal a car-full of ninjas. I think I jumped about a foot.

(So my poker face still needs a little work--sue me. Heck, I still get the jibblies roving top old at close with the lights out. Woo!)

...okay, it was actually a group of guys dressed in black with a bunch of rappelling equipment strapped to their bodies. I made them step out of the elevator so I could ask a few questions.

"We're coming to kidnap our roommate," they chimed. "He was going to hang out with us and came here instead...with a
girl."

"Um, okay..." I said, hemming a little. "Were you going to like, rappel down the side of the library?"

"No, no," said a kid who had what looked suspiciously like a pair of black boxer briefs over his head. "We just thought it would look cool."

I told them that if they wanted to pay me, I would help lure their friend out of the library, but they couldn't just tramp in and distrupt and/or scare people like that.

They agreed sheepishly, and I herded the ninjas out of the HBLL.

It reminded me of a similar night in the HBLL, but this time with two man-sized bananas and a gorilla.

How do I get all the luck?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home