Revenge of the Nerds
I signed up for the shifts in special collections all day today (8am to 5pm) and wondered why I had done such a thing to myself when my alarm went off at 6:45. I of course pushed snooze as many times as proper morning hygeine would permit and got out the door in just enough time to make it to work without being late.
I ran from the guest parking lot (the normal lots are all enforced during the break... I found out the hard way) and hurriedly walked through the Wilkinson Center. It was raining this morning so I decided I'd wait underneath the overhang in front of the wilk until the library opened. I was getting ready for another slow day at the library when I saw something that shivered my timbers. As I looked across Brigham Square, I saw a mob of what appeared to be about 50 supergeeks anxiously waiting in the rain for the opening of the atrium doors. They were all chanting and beating their chests... "Open the doors, open the doors!" some had torches... (ok, they weren't chanting or anything, but there really was a big mob of about 50 nerds out there!).
I'm still baffled as to why they're so anxious to get in here already. I figured I'd give them all the benefit of the doubt and assume that they all thought school started today instead of next week. Nevertheless, be on high dweeb alert... don't go in any dark alleys alone with school books or calculators, that's where they'll get you! Just thought I'd send out a warning... the supernerds are back already.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home