The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-11-07

I Hate You. . .

. . .You Readers for Pleasure!

Where do you find the time to read all of these books that have NOTHING to do with school? Can you do some of MY homework so I can enjoy the sampler section of the library? I mean, it's not like you're doing anything productive!

And why do you read so much at one time? Is ONE trashy romance novel at a time not good enough for you? Why do you have to pile them on my desk, rubbing it my face that you're having leisure time while I'm stressing about my next research paper (due this Friday)?

And why do your stupid books have to be so small? It just makes stacking awkward for all of us.

And I hate dumb people who forget to take out their ILL books and pass them around. Interlibrary Loan should require an IQ test for people to check stuff out.

AND I hate people who beep, but keep walking through the machines acting like nothing happened.

*Sigh* It must be a Monday.

4 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger LJ said...

Awww...sounds like somebody needs a widdle hug.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Kristovski said...

I'd have to agree with you former. I don't think I've ever in my life had so much free time that I found myself keeping busy reading such titles as "Dragonquest" or "Beauty Sleep." I think it should be required that when people check out those books they are automaically given a stackful of other people's homework so the load gets evenly distributed. What do you say we set up an appointment with library administration and run the idea by them...?

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Kristovski said...

And I'd also have to agree with the IQ test idea. Of course, I just had a girl walk through with ILL books in her hands and I said, "Well, since this are ILL books, you'll need to pass them around...." She just responded saying, "Yep, they're ILL books" like she knew and could have cared less. Maybe she just wanted the attention of having an alarm go off JUST for her. So maybe some of these ILL checkouter idiots are actually just attention starved.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

Please. You have just as much time to read the "Butterfly Diaries" as the next guy. You just choose to have a social life instead of reading a novel at 10:00 p.m. on a Saturday night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home