The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2006-03-10

Elections

What with all the talk of campus elections this week, and after reviewing the cadidates' platforms, I got to thinking.... and I realized that I should have ran for BYUSA President! I thought I would share my platform with you guys to see if you would have voted for me.

"When I'm elected President of BYUSA I will...."

1) Impose a checkout limit of 1 oddly shaped, oversized juvenile book per student per semester.

2) Install more hidden cameras in the library....mwahaha

3) Get more channels and Tivo for the TV by the employee entrance.

4) Give candy bars out for not correctly guessing the scores of BYU sporting events, and bring donuts on unbirthdays

5) Come up with a way to lightly shock people that walk through the 3M's without rememembering to pass their ILL books around or people that force the dock entrance open...and leave it open (that might deserve a bigger shock)

--and of course, a few things that are completely out of my circle of influence...

6) Cafe Rio in the Cougareat

7) More space in between the seats in the MARB and small JSB classrooms, likewise with any other classroom you find on campus with inadequate legroom.

8) More beef

9) More dates...hot ones

10) Less snow

So, vote 709 for BYUSA President next year, I'll make all your wildest dreams come true...

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

Here here! (Hear hear?)

I'd vote for you, and I'd to my best to stop anyone trying to disqualify you by saying you "went over budget" or "found a better deal" or "dealt meth" or whatever.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

I'd like to vote for you, but I've already agreed to vote for my roommate. Besides, he has a better platform: abolish BYUSA and any further elections.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger LJ said...

Kristovski, please award yourself five points for a hilarious post. That is all.

P.S. You owe me crappy ice cream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home