The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-01-05

Mourning the Loss

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with a heavy heart and deep sorrow that I write this post. We were all witness to a great tragedy lately and I felt like I needed to talk about it. The world will never be the same because of what happened, nor will the Sunday newspaper. I'm speaking, of course of Dave Barry taking a sabbatical.

As I opened the Standard Examiner this past Sunday, eager to read the latest fountain of humor that is: Dave Barry, I was shocked to find that it was Dave Barry's last humor column. Dave Barry has written for the Miami Herald for the past 22 years. Each column has been filled with exquisite humor, corny puns, and numerous band names. He's made fun of everything from song lyrics to exploding whales and cows. And now, he's decided to take a break from writing his weekly column.

For those of you who do not know of Mr. Barry, I highly encourage you to read his articles(online), books, desk calendars and website when you have the time, you will not be disappointed.

Dave Barry, you will be missed.

2 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Mr. T said...

I have to agree. I have had his articles emailed to me for some time now throught the Miami Herald. Now I can't get my weekly dose of the humorist. I cry with you my friend. Well, on the inside anyway, crying is for babies and the insane.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

Well then, call me an insane baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home