The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-04-21

now that it's become a problem

I know I'm a broken record here, but internet explorer is a security nightmare.

I just spent the last hour or so cleaning the west desk computer because there was so much spyware and junk on it. This is all from internet explorer. I had changed the settings earlier to keep things safer, but some chucklehead changed them back to something inherently unsafe. So now you just can't use IE for anything but BYU and lds.org. Firefox will work for anything else you need. If it doesn't work with firefox, you don't need to be surfing it at west.

Please stop killing these computers. Do not download things unless you are computer-savvy enough to know that they're safe. If you're not sure, ask someone who knows, or just don't do it.

We're only creating hassle for ourselves, so let's just not anymore. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

reeeeowwwwrr!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home