I Second That
At the risk of causing a chain reaction of a large mass of you blowing this entire thing off and giving into the summer temptation of complacencyI just wanted to second everything 750 emailed us about. I haven't noticed as much as he has but maybe thats because I'm a bigger part of it that I realize.
Our purpose here is to provide security that the Library and the Police department and the University pays for.
The wonderful thing about this job is that nobody is looking over our shoulders all the time. But that is just more responsiblity on us as individuals to do what is needed and to improve ourselves. I know that there really isn't a standard set for us to reach for so lets just try to improve a little bit each day or week, whatever YOU feel is necessary. Maybe its learning more about book mutilation or coming in on time or maybe reviewing what to do in case of a fire drill or brush up on your CPR "skillz." The point of us being here whenever the library is open is that anything could happen at any time, and people may not respect us when we are getting them for a Jamba Juice but thier attitudes will change when you are able to handle an emergency professionally and with courage. We need to always be preparing ourselves.
To that end there is an icon on the middle computers desk top called "Quick Train." It is a collection of power point presentation made by other officers on different subjects like first aid and fire alarms. This should be a refference for all of us to brush up on what we need to know to be effective security guards.
Just remember...Sitting at the desk looking good is only part of our job description.

2 Comments:
While you were typing that I saw like 10 people walk right past you with Jamba Juices.
WOW! I guess you should have stopped them considering I was in the office. Of course maybe you weren't even there considering I wrote at almost 3 pm Monday and you wrote your comment at about 1:30 pm Tuesday...
...I wasn't even working on Tuesday.
Interesting.
And for such a good and funny comment as that you should have taken credit for it...now I think I'll pass credit to someone undeserving.
Post a Comment
<< Home