The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2006-03-17

Erin Go Bragh

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

'Tis a fine day today. A day in which you can be tellin' who be Irish, and who isn't....

Well, that's a lie. I mean, even those of Japanese descent are wearing "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" buttons today.

Although usually you can tell if someone is truly Irish by the way they're passed out on the pavement, drunk (ZING!).

But today is the day in which you can tell who is fun, and who isn't. It's the same with most holidays. It basically breaks down into two groups:

Fun People: These are the people who dress up and celebrate the holiday. They're generally happy on the holidays and they try to make the best of it. These are also the people who, as soon as they realize it's a holiday, even if they forgot, they'll try to make the best of it (i.e. someone who forgot it was St. Patrick's and staples a leaf on their shirt or colors their hand with a green highlighter.) These are the fun people, the people you want to be around, want to be friends with, and even....dare I say it....the people you want to marry. (Yes! I dared!)

NOT Fun People: The "unfun" as I like to call them rebel against the holiday. These are the ones who won't "conform" and so they treat the holidays like they're any other day. They chide the fun people for (GASP) actually celebrating a special day and they insist that the traditions our forefathers gave us are stupid and childish. I'd like to see them call George Washington stupid and childish to his face when he first dressed up as a hippo to celebrate the first Halloween with the Indians. Most likely, these are the people who didn't wear green in elementary school on days like today and got severely pinched for it and have been bitter ever since. This group also includes those that forgot it was the holiday and then pretend to not care about the holiday so they won't look stupid. These people are dull and should be shot....with a syringe of fun juice.

So, there you have it. Keep your eyes peeled on the holidays for the fun and the unfun. They walk among you.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Well, mind you everyone is Irish today, so it doesn't matter if they're wearing a "kiss me I'm Irish" button. Although, if those buttons really do work I’ll have to wear one all year long!

Anyway, ss a good friend of mine once said "Yeah, it's St. Patty's Day, everyone's Irish tonight. Why don't you just pull up a stool and have a drink with us?" But I guess that goes back to your drunk in the gutter comment . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home