When Shauna Says Jump. . .
. . .I say how high on the way up.
Greetings, everyone. It has come to our (741's) attention that The West Desk (the blog, not the actual desk) has been growing stale lately. She, therefore, asked me to put a new post on there (preferrably funny) and therefore I will (and I will try).
I've been thinking about this one for a while (the last minute) and I've decided to post A Couple Ways Other People Can Tell You May Not Be Doing Your Job As Well As You Can (or ACWOPCTYMNBDYJASAYC, as we call it sometimes). Here we go:
1. There are stacks of books (i.e. more than 5) on your desk. Multi-task, people, multi-task.
2. All the Microsoft (company of the devil) Outlook reminders are showing as "Overdue" by a day or two.
3. The Rove Log isn't filled out. It's a way to keep an account of which floors are roved and it's also a motivator to get your hiney (heinie?) out of the control room and actually do something during that rove (and not just a quick rove to the Cougareat). Fill the rove log out (I can't stress this enough).
4. The Rove Log isn't filled out (maybe I can stress it enough).
5. The rotation is more than 2 minutes late. If you rotate on time, people are happier. It's a scientifically proven fact (Security Scientists are very devout scientists, but not to be confused with Scientologists).
6. There are books just stacked on top of the cart when they could fit anywhere on the actual bottom shelves. We're not building towers here. Or when one side of the cart is completely filled up (including the top) while the other side is empty. This induces what we call, here in the biz, tippage. (This is bad.)
7. The name that is logged in on C-CURE is from two rotations ago. (Don't use other people's log-ins for C-CURE otherwise people like 723 get blamed for something 738 did.)
8. Your radio is not turned on when you're actually on rove. (708, I'm sorry about that once again. I feel like an idiot.)
9. More than three Jamba Juices make their way past you without you even looking up. (Jamba is evil!)
10. You answer more questions to the people on your cell phone at the desk than you do to actual patrons. (No-no.)
Feel free to add others as you feel necessary. (Maybe this will get a conversation started, Shauna.)

2 Comments:
I got one. If you're so busy playing games at the desk, you didn't even bother to sign the Shift Log. That's a bad thing.
Here's another one, QUIT MUTING THE SPEAKERS AT THE DESKS OR TURNING THE VOLUME WAY DOWN!! We have audible alarms for a reason.
If you have to turn the volume at the desk, then you might be doing something you shouldn't.
Post a Comment
<< Home