The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2004-10-29

A Ring

So there I was just West Deskin' it and keeping my eye out for any costume totin' freaks trying to enter the library. As I was doing this normal task on that ever uneventful Friday I watched as three female patrons were leavin' the library. Deciding they were posing no threat to books, building, or myself I decided to move on and watch others who could be a little more suspicious. Just then I heared one of the patrons previously mentioned cry out "DANG, A RING." As I turned my head to see what the outburst was about I noticed she was noticing the white gold hammered ring I proudly tote on my left ring finger (and not just so I can remember which hand is my left). The patron who came about a year too late is one of many who I have sent home in complete and utter despair. Yea to the ring and the girl who gave it too me!...who I am proud to say is envied by many.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Um, how 'bout instead of basking in the glory of your own success, you help some of your colleagues that are struggling in that department. I mean, instead of thinkin' "How cool am I" you could mention "Yes, I have a ring, but my less fortunate friend on east does not. In fact, he's a very lonely man and has nothing better to do with his time than post stupid comments on our blog . . ."

Okay, so maybe not in so many words. But you get the idea.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of the less fortunate, I vote you all wear more visible name tags. Seriously. I was trying to find Saurus today, and the nametag that would have confirmed my suspicions was nowhere to be found. Honestly, Saurus, how do you expect us to fall in love at a party if I don't even recognise you when I see you there? Not like you COME to any of our parties, anyway. Geez. First you turn out to be not really in my ward, and then you guys have some anti-nametag creed which prevents me from identifying my coworkers. (end of rant)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home