The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2004-11-10

THE FOOD TSAR STRIKES BACK

So some may be wondering..."why did that jerk of a food tsar not get more food...and who the heck can drink hot chocolate without cups...what a jerk." If you are thinking this I would suggest you come up with a better insult than jerk. And to appease your ever inquisitive mind I will explain the cause of the food situation or the lack thereof.

Last time food was purchased it was estimated that if we sold everything we had we would have 60 George Washington's (or12 Abe Lincoln's which ever you prefer) to buy more food with. Yea for us. Well that little dream was crushed when after we sold everything but $2.50 worth of apple sauce all that was left in the jar was $26. 42. This is odd for several reasons. First, if everyone purchased things for the correct amount I very much doubt that there would be 42 cents following the 26 dollars...it just doesn't add up. Secondly, one has said that they placed two five dollar bills in the jar and when it was counted we only had one. Finally, even if everyone that uses the food in the locker room took something with intention to pay and then forgot, I very much doubt that over thirty dollars would be missing.

I suggest these reasons for the lack of money...
1. Some of the security staff misunderstood and thought that the food was free.
2. Some took with intention of paying and forgot how much money they owed.
3. Some took paying only part of it feeling that they would make it up at some future time.
4. Some people can't count or don't understand the value of some currency.
5. We have someone who is an exception to all rules and is humble enough to work even with us.
6. Someone owes money to thier cousin VINNY who is also a loan shark named Spike and in which case keep the money we are glad we could help you keep you thumbs, neck, nose or life...what ever it was that you put down as collateral.
7. Aliens from planet GUBRATERK came and took the money so they could try out the worlds real mysteries...like why people still go to McDonalds.

I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE OF STEALING...let me repeat...I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE OF STEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only time I have even condidered that is when I thought of the custodial staff cleaning the locker room or bathroom. But I still doubt this possibility.

I think it is mostly due to neglect on everyones part and so if anyone has any explanation or any ideas as to how to prevent this from continuing let me, 748, or Jeff know. Otherwise we can count on not having this available in the very near future.

I hope that this didn't sound too harsh or accusitive but I am trying to make sure this is fair for everyone involved, and I don't intend to make anyone angry in any way.

Thankyou!

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

I'm so angry! How could you go around flinging accusations about my cousin Vinny being a loan shark? Look, he only used the alias Spike once and it was simply to get out of a speeding ticket.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

I'LL accuse people of stealing! Dang, dishonest security officers! I'm guessing the same ones who cheat on the Game Score Guessing cheat on the treat bucket as well! And here's another exclamation point!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Mr. T said...

Your right "Czar" is cooler but being a student of the russian language for seven years of my life I decided that "Tsar" would be more accurate and I need to be true to my education. But Thank you for your comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home