The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2004-11-01

Is the power of the blazer enough?

I have a pressing question. We've already established that blue blazers get chicks.

I also understand that the be-blazered girls behind the desk are few, but is the power of the blue blazer enough to get guys?

Comments are welcome.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Maybe ask the Board?

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it was you, but I saw an un-blazered female working the west desk this morning, talking to one guy when I entered the library, and another when I left. Looks like losing the blazer is a good move for the girls.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Katya said...

So, I'm stunned. Agape, aghast, floored. I even asked more guys to respond because I figured the first two answers were flukes. Basically the sentiment boils down to:

Girl sees LSG, thinks "He has pepper spray. He could protect me!"
Guy sees LSG, thinks "She has pepper spray. She could BLIND me!"

Really, though. I was pretty convinced that the attraction worked both ways. I mean, you're gorgeous, tough, AND you get to hang with the self-proclaimed "sex symobls of BYU." I've honestly just been freakishly intimidated by the Women of Library Security for years. Turns out guys are all turned off by the "masculinity" of the job.

New life plan: Hang out with the West Desk Chicks as much as possible, thereby looking appealingly feminine and fragile. So, if a random girl starts hanging around the LS desks with an appealingly dumb look on her face, wearing a pink shirt that says "princess," that's me. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home