The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2004-11-12

Now That's a Fun Call

Just Rovin' along mindin' my own business when I noticed that I couldn't find the library resident homeless guy. I left him in the reading room on the third floor but, after checking up on his whereabouts he was gone. So I go on a search and after looking behind every book I decided to check the mens bathroom on the third floor. I open the door and staring me in the face is an advertisment for a bronco posted right over the sign that tells patrons about the wonderful rule of no posting advertisments in the bathrooms.

Now I know what you are thinking....who the heck would buy a bronco...you spend $5,000 getting it and three times that much keeping it running for the first year.

Well anyway I removed the advertisment and called the number...here is how it went:

ME: Is this (name of the person selling, we'll call him Bevis)?
BEVIS: Yea this is him.
ME: I saw that you are selling your Bronco.
BEVIS: Yea, yea...
ME: I saw the advertisment in the bathroom at the library...
BEVIS: Yea thats it...
ME: Well this is library security and we would like it if you didn't do that again...
BEVIS: Yea...um...ok........
ME: Thanks a lot (hang up)

Now I bet he'll think twice before he does that again...that's what I call a fun phone call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home