The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-01-06

Some Books and a Man

This is a tale of a different kind, about some books and a silly guy.

Once a man came to the library, and stopped at the desk of security.

"I'm returning these books to you Mr. Security," he said. "For my name is Jim McGee."

I don't want you to return them to me, I don't want them Jim McGee.

"Would you take them in a box, would you take them with ten bucks?"

I don't want them in a box, I don't want them with ten bucks.
I don't want them returned to me, I don't want them Jim McGee.

"Would you take them with my house would you take them from my mouth?"

I wont take them or your house, I don't want them from your mouth,
you're sick, you're sick Jim McGee, get those books away from me.

"Would you take them from Halle Berry, if I said she thought you are hairy?"

I wont take them from Halle Berry, especially if she thinks I'm hairy.
I wont take them can't you see, I don't want them Jim McGee.

"Not even if I wrote in them, what if I gave them to you spitten in?"

Everyone dose that everyday, but I wont take them anyway.
I don't want them Jim McGee, I just wont take them, can't you see?
I don't want them from a box, I wont take them with ten bucks,
I wont take them or your house, and certainly not from your mouth,
I wont take them from Halle Berry even if I am hairy,
I just wont take them Jim McGee, not from you or her or anybody.

"What if I stamped them as you do, what if I stamped them all for you."

Well yes, yes I'll take them Jim McGee, I will take them certainly.

So he stamped all the books, all hundred thousand about hooks.
And ends the tale of Jim McGee and some fool security guard who should have
taken the house when it was offered.

This story has been provided for your pointless entertainment. It will now
keep you busy for hours as you wonder what I was smoking when I wrote this.
But I think it was actually due to a dream I had after eating a bowl of my
grandmothers chilie.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger LJ said...

Seuss would be proud.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

H-a-l-l-e B-e-r-r-y.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home