The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-02-15

Toto, we're not in Oklahoma anymore.

Okay, can someone explain the lure of a belt buckle for me? At home in AZ among the ro-DAY-o princesses and such, I understand such an accessory. But here, in the HBLL, on a carefully manicured, Abercrappy-sporting metro-man, it looks horribly out of place.

Which brings me to the topic of cowboy hats on "city slickers"...but don't even get me started on that.

All I can say is, if it's an accessory (functional or no) that has been embellished to the point of ridiculous-ness, please don't wear it in my presence.

8 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Belt buckle belts? I've always been amused by them. But then, my fashion sense is whatever I can borrow from my savvy roommate.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Easy there turbo! Let me clue you in to what a belt buckle REALLY is. It's a way for them to express their inner-most self. When people like you make fun of their real personality, it's the only way left for cowboys and lumberjacks to be true to that inner-most self . . .

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Mr. T said...

I would have to agree with "The Roos" (thats short for rooster cogburn), in todays twisted society cowboys are not accepted much amoung us city dwellers. But they still have a need for expressing their inner most feelings. Many of them hail from Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. They are a dying breed and I think legislation should be passed that subsidizes their belt buckles. That way they can afford to buy bigger and cooler buckles with more than just a horse on it but maybe an entire rodeo picture that can be seen from two hundred yards.

I solute you "buckle dispaying on belt in city guy" and hope that someday the world will understand.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some of us might say that brightly colored scarfs offend us

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger LJ said...

That was low.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Krista said...

No, I take that back. I don't like the large belt buckles, either. I was thinking seatbelt belt buckles, which I find hilarious. I get tired of the dinner-plate sized ones, though. It seems more embarassing than funny to me.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

If it's a ninja death star, you can count me out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home