The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-02-08

A walking chalkboard, and how I lost my mind.

The other day I saw a walking chalkboard during my sabbatical at East. An oblong, dark -greenish piece of slate, with two hands grasping above and below, and two skinny legs carrying its bulky form down the stairs below.

I stood up to better gaze upon this phenomenon, then left the desk to watch, open-mouthed, as the chalkboard carefully picked its way down the granite steps.

Then the chalkboard rounded a corner and turned, revealing the skinny, be-spectacled man (the owner of the skinny legs, mind you) carrying a large mounted map of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.

It seems my bemused gaze had turned on a hapless janitor, setting up the new exhibit in Special K. And I had temporarily lost my mind.

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home