The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-02-14

What's Love Got to Do, Got to Do With It?

Dan. . .
Charlie. . .
Mark. . .
and Joel.

We are the few, the proud, the Valentine's Day (Night) workers!!

Proudly we sit here on this night of lovers and watch all the pity-partiers walk in with sad looks on their faces, as well as those who hate Valentine's Day and are prejudiced against those that celebrate it, as well as those who bring their loved one into the realm of Harold B. Lee. Patiently we sit as those sympathetic acquaintences enter the library, make eye contact with us, and assume that we, too are lonely this night. They offer shallow condolences to empty ears as our attention drifts away because of their mindless babble.

I do not praise the day of St. Valentine, nor condemn it. I leave it to you to decide.

4 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

I hate Valentine's. It's worst than Halloween with all those crazies running around. Instead of he-she ballerinas, we've got freakish man-sized valentine cards with pink/red legs wandering through the library. Ugh! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Krista said...

I heard about that. I wanted to see him. I guess I just find the disgustingness funny.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

You've OBVIOUSLY never celebrated St. Simeon's Day, fxp.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Mr. T said...

Its a HOLIDAY!!! Hello!!!

It must be celebrated. Unfortunantly in our BYU Mormonistic culture that is not acompanied by excessive amounts of Beer and Vodka. Its soooo much fun watching people you otherwise respect turn into complete imbecels.

Anyway...unless you've been dumped by all of your family and friends, forsaken by your country and society in general and looked down upon by everyone (including Michael Jackson) then you have reason not to recognize this holiday. So pull yourselves out of your gutters because I don't want to hear any more about it. If anyone is going to use the WEST DESK for complaining about the world in general, its going to be me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home