Love when that happens...
You know those days when you plan on getting up early, having plenty of time to shower and make yourself presentable for the day and get to school on time, with a few minutes to spare?
And then somehow, you wake up to sunlight seeping through your blinds and you realize...you've slept in! So you jolt up in bed and look frantically at the clock; groan, throw off your covers, and run around grumpy and rushed, trying to get yourself together as quickly as possible...
So that was me this morning. I set my alarm for 6:30, planned on getting to school at 7:30, studying for a couple of hours and working at 9:30. And I woke up at 9: 10!!!
By the time I got to school, I was a few minutes late for work (which makes me sooo frustrated!), my hair was wet, and I just felt ugly and grumpy!
And some sweet guy friend of mine...that precious soul...comes strolling into the library and as he passes me at the West Desk, he takes my hand gently, and with a sincere smile says, "Melissa, you look amazingly beautiful today!" and went on his merry way.
Granted, it's possible that he noticed I wasn't looking my best and came up with a smooth line to make me feel better about it...
But if that's the case, it worked!...bless his cute little gentlemanly heart.

1 Comments:
Girl, you ALWAYS look good.
Post a Comment
<< Home