The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-02-04

And I Think to Myself. . .

. . . what a wonderful world.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2691638,00.html

People bug me.

7 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Wow. Agreed. Although I do like this world, rather.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger LJ said...

What in the...?!

To quote Home Alone, "A parking ticket for Santa on Christmas Eve?! What's next, rabies shots for the Easter Bunny?"

I hope that woman had a mad case of "irritable bowel" (as Saurus calls it) as a result of her brush with kindness.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Etelmik said...

A woman like that is going to stand accountable. That's all there is to it. I'm done frothing at the mouth over it. Freaking lady had no mercy on them even after an apology. She's mad because she think they weren't sincere about apologizing for giving them cookies. Wow.

I wonder if she ate them?

Also, I hope people in Denver send her a million letters asking her why she treated those girls that way.

Bleh.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Mr. T said...

I'm glad we have old women in the world that will teach youth a lesson. Lets face it...being out that late at night on your own street and with a friend can be dangerous. You could trip on a rock or be shot by old man Warner who thinks your from the bank...or not.

And to teach that lesson I am glad she resorted to the courts. Heck if people started solving their problems in a civil manner over a cup of coffee where would this world be going...nowhere good, I'll tell you that.

So I'm glad there is an old woman and a judge out there that are willing to crush the good natures of nice girls so they will be better prepared to take on this horrible world of &*%^)$% and (^&^ people who would spit in your face rather than help you out of a gutter. Huzzah Mrs. Young more Americans should be just like you!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also heard this morning on the radio that one of the girl's father had to put a temporary restraining order on the "afflicted" woman's brother (or husband, I can't remember) because he kept pestering their family for damages.

And the woman apparently wanted more money initially (for emotional damage), but the judge wouldn't allow that.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Etelmik said...

How in the world....

Emotional damage? Doesn't realizing it was girls undo the damage of that night? Oh, they surprised me! And um, it wasn't really anything, but I'm still surprised and will require $100,000 to umm..."get over it." Yeah, that's it.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Etelmik said...

How in the world....

Emotional damage? Doesn't realizing it was girls undo the damage of that night? Oh, they surprised me! And um, it wasn't really anything, but I'm still surprised and will require $100,000 to umm..."get over it." Yeah, that's it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home