It Ain't Rocket Science
What is with the stacking of books lately? It seems people either a) don't know, b) don't care, or c) are too busy playing worms/dying from heatstroke. People have been stacking books all on one side of the cart making it awkward and lopsided to turn around and/or move. This is wrong.
People have also been just throwing ALL of the books on top of the cart and just letting the next person stack them onto the shelves. This is also wrong.
This is the correct way to stack books onto the carts: Stack the top shelf first. If the book doesn't fit in the top shelf, give the bottom shelf a try (sometimes they're different sizes). If it is an irregular-shaped/no-call-number-on-the-side book and/or damaged book, THEN you stack it on the top of the cart (just in a pile until it gets pretty full).
When the two shelves are full, you turn the cart around and fill up the other two shelves. THEN you start to arrange books on the top of the cart. Only then.
And don't forget to fill out a slip and call Circ. If you chat with them a bit instead of just asking for a cart, they usually will get the empty cart to you quicker.

6 Comments:
Holy Crap! I just saw Chris Mecklenburg get in a spaceship made of books and blast off to the freakin' moon! It was nuts. It was true.
I think 738 just wanted to write something on the West Desk. If thats all we have to complain about I think we are doing good. I think such posts are uncalled for...especially if you leave me out of it...I just as at fault as anyone else, I should be named specifically.
Have you SEEN the book carts lately? This is a subject that NEEDS to be addressed. And yes, Mr. T., I was implicating you (with your jewlery and mohawk) in this conspiracy to ruin library security!!
I think that Mr. T should look for ways to get positive attention. Don't try to be the big mean bad guy all the time. Maybe you should try starting another A Team for Library Security. You could call it the HBLL-Team
Have you watched the A-Team? They were against the MAN. That is no way to get possitive attention...oh...you were just kidding. You can imagin my chagrin.
Anyway, what sort of possitive attention do you suggest? Starting a happy feet club? Raising money to keep rich kids off the streets (its a real problem)? Trying to save squirls from being hit by cars? I could try all of those things but I don't think anyone would think more possitivly of me.
Click THIS!!!
(I'm not going to even say what I'm pointing to right now.)
Post a Comment
<< Home