The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-07-07

Change is always happening...DEAL WITH IT!

For those of you who don't know Special Collections now has access to the DVR's. Some of you are thinking that they always did...well you are wrong. When we were still looking at the cameras through little TV monitors and using VHS recording devices they did have access. Russ informes me that since the DVR's were put in place they have not been able to use them. Now full access has been given them.

Do to their new access to these cameras I would like to announce this change. By the end of next week all of the cameras will be given a security level. This will keep Special Collections eyes on only their cameras, but it will require us to do something extra.

Any time we will want to look at the cameras we will have to log in under one of our four user names. However this may cause some problems and will need to be worked out. Since this method of security has never been utilized here, there may be some bugs and unforeseen problems in doing this.

I can already think of a few that I have not yet figured out how to fix or get around. I will keep you updated upon any changes but it will not get much more complicated than already explained. If it begins to get too difficult we will probobly just go back to the way things are and excuse this breach in security.

I hope you read this even though it is long and from me.

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Mr. T I know that you are a big bad a#$, but that doesn't mean that you have to assume that nobady likes you. I am sure that at least one person on the staff likes you. Don't think that it is me however.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Easy there Turbo! Whoever you are "Anonymous," you obviously don't know Mr. T very well at all. He is by far everyone's most favorite least favorite. There's not a soul here at work that doesn't like to not like Mr. T. I mean, how could you not? He just a big teddy bear with sharp teeth and claws, and a barbed wire collar.

Man. I wish I could be like Mr. T. In fact, I envy how unenvied he is. Some people get all the luck I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home