Ahem. . .Saurus and Mr T.?
15 hours!! In your face!!! Oh ye, of little faith.
(And that's with a lunch stop, a dinner stop, and a few gas stops. . .and a grocery store)
Boo-yah!
Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.
15 hours!! In your face!!! Oh ye, of little faith.
14 Comments:
Is that 15 hours until you fell asleep at the wheel thus running off the road somewhere in Nebraska on I-80, and luckly there because after you went off the road you have a 99.8% chance of not hitting anything and eventually being stopped in the middle of a corn field, which can actually go on for miles and since you wont be able to see the sky you might even wander aimlessly through the field until you eventually run out of food and water and then die. THough apparently you found an internet conection in the field, I had no idea that such a stupid state could be so wired.
Actually I can conceive that you made it to Omaha in 15 hours (thus the Nebraska Iowa border) but you would have had to be going well over 80 miles an hour. There is no way that you could have made it to Des Moines. I have made that trip more times than I can count and thats at least another 2 hours past the border. So if you are tinking you are in Des Moines after only 15 hours I am sorry to inform you that you have only made it to Council Bluffs and while you made this error in time and space I suggest that you visit the Winter Quarters Temple, because that is the only thing around there that is worth visiting. By crossing the Nebraska Wyoming border you entered "Nowhere" and you are officially in the middle of it.
Mr. T, I'm IN Des Moines (West Des Moines, mind you). We left Layton, UT at 9:40am (MST) and then we drove for 15 hours (at an average speed of 82 mph) through the nothingness of Nebraska (stopping at Taco Johns in Rawlins) a severe thunderstorm in Kearny, Nebraska, we ate in Lincoln (at the DQ Grill and Chill) around 9:50pm (10:50 Central) and then continued driving until we reached West Des Moines at 12:53am (1:53 Central). YOU do the math!
You're not telling the truth...
West Des Monies is where I grew up and is directly 10 minutes before Des Moines itself...so ha you did't make it anyway and I win!
So there. What ward is your friend in? My parents are in the Des Moines 2nd ward and if he lives in West Des Moines he most likely lives in that ward.
They (Clint and Carolene Drake) actually live in the Waukee Ward, but they used to live in the 2nd and your dad was their bishop. They wanted me to let you know that your Mom and Dad are some of their favorite people in the world. Oh, and they also said, when I said your name was _____ ______, "Is he as mouthy as Tom?" To which I have to say yes, yes he is 'cause he's calling me a liar when I got to Des Moines Iowa in fifteen hours (could have done it in fourteen with no stops) and he said it couldn't be done.
Oh, and IN YOUR FACE!! (this contempt is towards Saurus as well. He was just as wrong.)
Actually, you probobly don't know Tom if you dais I was as mouthy as him...but I'll let this pass.
TF786, I thought you meant a 15 hour day at the HBLL. Which, I must say, is not that awesome.
I made it to Enoch from Cedar in under 5 minutes and you don't see me bragging.
That's cause no one knows where Enoch or Cedar are, hub!
And yes, I will be awaiting my trophy when I make my triumphant arrival into Provo on Saturday. Just in time for school. Blah.
..and you think anyone knows were Des Moines is? Half the time I forget that Iowa is even a state.
Ouch. T, anything to say about that?
Your blog is SOOOO NICE, I have to bookmark it right away!! Really enlighting.
Visit my "adveres credit" blog when you can; CLICK HERE and you will go to my blog. I think you will enjoy it.
We've been SPAMMED!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home