The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-07-15

If They Only Had a Brain

They should give out an IQ test for people that want to check out Inter-library loan books. That way we could weed out those people who don't remember the warning to pass the book around when you leave/enter the library. Also, we could test for those people who are unable to see the color red and can't read the "Please Return Books Directly Back to ILL" written at the bottom of every Interlibrary-Loan sticker.

I swear, the ILL-Idiots and the Jamba-Jerks have to be cousins or something. Inbreeders.

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Mr. T said...

They are bigger idiots than you say. Yesturday one came into the building and set the alarm off. 721 explained why that was bad...he didn't get it. I then tried to explain it to them and I got a funny look from him. You know the kind where they lift one eyebrow and lower the other.

Anyway, I then explained it again...at this point you might be thinking that i was explaining it wrong or in a foreign language, but 721 and 729 both told me that what I said made sence to them.

Well to shorten this thing up, everything went over his head and he set off the alarm again as he left...gosh!

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost nearly as annoying are the people who explain to you in great detail exactly why they are handing you their ILL book. As if for some reason security would not understand that an ILL book will set off the alarm. And they have no ability to be concise about it either.

"Hi, I have this book, and it's a book that the BYU library didn't have. I don't know why the BYU library doesn't have it, but anyway, I had to get it through inter-library loan, so even though I have checked this book out here it actually belongs to the University of Kansas, because that was the library that had this book. I just went to pick it up from ILL and when they gave it to me they siad that it might set off your alarm here, so I'm supposed to hand it to you and then walk through the sensors, and then you are supposed to give me back this book. But they said it might not set off the alarm every time, just sometimes..."

Just hand me the stupid book already

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

Anonymous: I don't think that ever really happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home