The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2006-06-05

Hotel Robison

So I think I ought to apply for a business license. So far I've housed 716 (who is still a resident) 739, and 743 at my home in Utah's Dixie.

Maybe yall need a road trip to Zion. The weather's always GREAT . . . and I might be able to get you a sweet deal on a golf package if you make your reservations now!

18 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

I would definitely recommend a stay at the Hotel Robison. Beds were pristine, biscuits were moist, and laughter was shared by all.

Speaking of Zion National Park (NOT ST. GEORGE BECAUSE ST. GEORGE IS NOT ZION. CEDAR CITY UT 84720 IS; I would liken St. George to the Terrestrial kingdom due to the 8 year road construction project; Washington county needs to figure out what the hey they're doing) , there's actually a group of us going to Zion National Park this weekend, anyone is welcome to come.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Both 9 and 18 hole packages are always available. Typically the cart is not included, but can be with enough $.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

Enough talk of golf and beds!! What are the women like down south!?!? (I've heard rumors.)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

Where did you hear these rumors? Did Rooster tell you about our little conversation? If you'd really like to know about the women down south, I'd be happy to tell you. (Or you could see for yourself and stay at the Hotel Huntington).

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

Do they have all of their teeth? Are they really naturally tan? I hear that clothing is optional. And that they aren't exactly the brightest bulbs on the plantet.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

.not the brightest bulbs on the PlanTet eh? Why don't you come by and you can help me clean my chimLey.

You're pretty accurate, all except for the missing teeth comment. Optional clothing + dumb + no talent + no ambition = haaaaaaaaaaat.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger LJ said...

I hate that joke! And the girls I've met down here have all their teeth, thanks very much. But they like their guys burly.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

"But they like their guys burly" Translation: They don't like wussies. Do you know what I say to that? TGFGWDLW. (Thank goodness for girls who don't like wussies.) That means I don't have to tap dance,carry umbrellas (no offense Former 786) or pretend to like musicals (or such movies as Pillow Talk and White Christmas).

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

Offense taken, hub! Pistols! At dawn!!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Easy there fellas! Let's not get too hasty. In the wonderful land of Dixie, even wussies and burlies can live together in peace and harmony.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

WHAT?!?!? MEN LIVE TOGETHER IN DIXIE??!? SICK! I AM NEVER GOING THERE NOW!!!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that you're ALREADY living with men! What, don't want to downsize your "partners" to only one, eh?

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

I thought that southern Utah is KNOWN for their "multiple partner" unions.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

Back off! Thanks to those "multiple partner unions" I not only had a school to go to, but a roof over my head.

Let's not forget:
Hair in a bun + homemade handicrafts and clothing + walmart shopper * 14 = haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Now that's the kinda math they won't teach ya at BYU!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger LJ said...

So help me, hub, if I ever see you hitting on a polyg-rig, I'll slap you.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

Warren Jeffs was spotted in my neighborhood! This could open up some windows of opportunity for me.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Put in a good word for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home