L'Afro goes HBLL (think "postal") in Disneyland
Friends, I had no idea how much Security had affected me until just last week.
I was in the Happiest Place on Earth (no, that's not the Atrium at sundown, you silly thing) walking around California Adventure with some friends. I'm a people-watcher, so I notice two people from India walk over to a huge wood statue of Brother Bear. They want to get a picture, so they get the third person in their group to take it.
They're standing there, seriously on the count of "two," when an American mommy-lady walks--not just through the photo--straight into the line of fire and just stands there, looking up at Brother Bear. The Indian people just look at each other for a minute, smiles frozen on their face, hoping she'll get the hint and leave.
She doesn't. Mommy-lady pulls a map out of her pocket and starts unfolding it. She's obviously looking for a landmark.
I waited about two nanoseconds before I jumped to action, doing the first thing I could think of.
I called out, "Ma'am?" in my very best you've-got-a-Jamba-and-you-set-off-the-3M-with-an-ILL-book tone of voice.
She didn't notice, so I called out to her again.
"Ma'am?"--finally she looked around and saw me--I said, and motioned to her to step toward me. "You're in their photo."
Well, Mommy-lady jumped out of the way with all sorts of apologies.
Me, I walked away feeling like a bit of an idiot. Looks like no matter how hard I try to leave the HBLL, it'll follow me there...
Any other stories? Official radio talk on a family camp out? Unintentional Jamba seizings in the Quad?

3 Comments:
Yeah..um... I can totally see how that incident was related to library security. I've got a few myself:
1) I ate some pepper in my food the other day. I probably wouldn't have had I not been pepper sprayed 1.5 years ago.
2) I wore a belt this morning. (Just like we wear belts in library security).
3) I whipped out my flashlight skills the other night on a hike.
Thank you library security flashlight training seminars!
4) I walk through 3m Machines whenever I go into a store that has 3m machines. Just like library security!
5) I wear ties to church on Sunday. There's that security influence again!
6) I use my computer at work. Man, when am I not using my library skills!?
Thank you, L'Afro, for showing me just how big an influence security has on my life. I will always be on the forefront of my mind.
As well it should be. That'll be 25 bucks, for bringing it to your attention.
Ha! That's funny, Fuzz. Um...good luck with that, eh?
Post a Comment
<< Home