The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2006-09-25

Smile Like You Mean It

Aside from being an awesome song by The Killers, I titled this entry that because I randomly felt inspired this morning to share a scripture with you all.

It's in Luke 6:32 and it says, "For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? For sinners also love those that love them."

I just felt (randomly) that I should invite all of you to smile at those that people who maybe you don't like as much. And be friendly and nice to those people who you don't get along with.

It may seem like you're putting on a facade at first, but eventually by feigning love for someone you may dislike, you could grow to like them more and, yes maybe, love them. So give people a chance and be nice to everyone. It's in the scriptures, "love thy neighbor as thyself." And that's what BYU is all about.

Once again, I just felt like posting this randomly. I haven't even READ the Daily Universe this morning.

5 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger LJ said...

Your posts make me want to poke you in the clavicle.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

L'afro: you just missed the whole point of former's post. Poking him in the clavicle protuberance (I took sports medicine in high school), would not be in the spirit of "smiling like you mean it."

Remember the beehive (deseret securities)?

Here's the equation again:

Library security + working together = honey (or love that we have for one another).
I don't see "clavicle protuberance" in that equation.

Library security + poking clavicle protuberancii (plural form of protuberance) = upsetments and an overall decrease in wellbeing and honey production. Plus, bees don't HAVE clavicii (I learned that in high school gymnastics).

Record this on your personal laptop Y POD and you will never forget.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

Man! After listening to Elder David Bednar's talk today I just want to go out and tell EVERYONE I see to "Have a nice day!"

After all, he did quote the scripture that said: "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
(Matthew 5:44-47)

Just a thought.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger K. Madsen said...

See, former, the best part of all that is that I can "love", "do good to", "pray for" and "salute" these people from afar.

Why would I even want to get close and exchange meaningless pleasantries?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home