The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2004-12-01

All I Want For Christmas

I thought I would share my Christmas list with everyone...

1. I want all BYU students to congregate in Brigham Square for a group hug (unfortunantly I've been informed that such a huge group could reach critical mass, resulting in a total and complete breakdown of the soil structure on which BYU rests).

2. I want everyone in the world with outrageously colored hair to line up to form a rainbow that can be seen from space.

3. I want all ugly people to swear that they will wear a brown paper bag over their head from this day forth (this is not because I'm mean I just think that it would be a step in a progressive direction).

4. I want girls to stop hitting on me while I'm at the desk...I'm married for heaven sakes (though I must admit that it is more fun to disappoint ten girls a week than to flirt with, pick up on and get the numbers of ten girls a week...I know, I have done both to the point of making it look easy).

5. I want to take back my third want (not because I wouldn't like to see it happen but because I have a better idea) and instead ask that everyone wear a smile...i mean lets face it, a frown is well beyond the bounds of good taste and if everyone fashioned a smile we would be far more attractive thus averting the need for brown paper bags in general.

6. Finally, I want to personally pepper spray everyone who highlights a book...not because I feel it would be just desserts but because it just feels right.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Why not keep #3, and then color the bags like that of the folks in #2. Then the ugly people can make the rainbow, and then get a warm fuzzy feeling (which is actually just a false sense of beauty and belonging).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home