The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-02-24

Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy.

There's something about the Throne Room and End Title music for close that just gets me.

I'm walking through the ol' HBLL, radio clipped to the blazer, keys jingling on my left hip and a flashlight strapped to my right. All I need is a good blaster at my side...

...and I'd be Han Solo.

Or, at least, really FEEL like Han Solo.

"Don't everybody thank me at once..."

5 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Etelmik said...

But Han Solo is a GUY. Pffft.

So, no.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Wrong-o, Toaster. Han Solo is half attitude, half person. She can get the attitude, especially if she's got the keys and flashlight and other such needful items strapped around her waist, and has the inherent coolness that L'afro's got. She can come pretty close.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not on the library security staff (technically) but i also take time to "rove" the library. (I want to ensure the safety of all "patrons") I know that when I am "roving" I feel a surge of energy that i would also have to describe as similar to "the force" i feel a sense of power. I know how you feel. but i actually felt a little like princess lea, and shes a girl. pfft.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger hub huxtable said...

I think the End Title music makes me feel more like Danny Devito.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

I feel more like Old Ben Kenobi. I could freaking die for the sake of the mission, but do I get a medal? I wouldn't even get a hottie sobing because she just lost the love of her life!

Better off dead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home