The West Desk

Welcome to the west desk. this used to be a newsletter, now it's a blog... here we'll discuss problems, funny stories, policy changes-- pretty much anything we need or want to talk about on the job. if you're library security and want to write for it (please do) just email 727 at his gmail. Important: The opinions expressed on this blog are not endorsed by HBLL Security as a whole or the Brigham Young University Police Department.

2005-11-01

Lost and Found

So, as I sit at the west desk the other day, a young man approaches me with a dollar bill in his hand. The conversation proceeded in this manner;

$Guy: Is this where the lost and found is?

709: This is it.

$Guy: (Holding out the dollar bill) So, this is where I'd turn this in, right?

709: Yeah, this is where you'd leave it.

Suddenly an aura of hesitation overcomes $guy and he retracts his small treasure ($1), clutching it tightly and asks me;

"Well, is this something that someone would come looking for?" (most likely dreaming of the pink-frosted mother cookie that he would purchase with the newly found fortune...)

I could tell this was a real moral dilemma for $Guy who must have had some high hopes for that dollar, and I said,

"Well, I can't make you turn it in..."

His head then drooped down while sadly looking at the dollar he was about to lose and said,
"Ok, I'll leave it here. But I'm going to come back in a few hours and if it's still here, I'm gonna take it"

I said ok and I put the dollar in the box. Whether or not $guy got to the dollar first, I don't know. But the real question is, if you had a brand new dollar bill, what would you do with it?





3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Rooster Cogburn said...

Turn it into lost and found

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger LJ said...

Are you kidding me?! I'd take that dollar and go buy the monster sugar cookie with it. That's right.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger The Former 786 said...

You would!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home